Wednesday, May 4, 2011

stuck in a Eurythmics song

It can stop raining any time. Really.

(In two months there will likely be a post here about how everyone has brown grass and we're in another drought.  Mother Nature is so fickle.)

It would be annoying even if the crawl space under our house wasn't perpetually filling with water.  That is just putting it over the top.  I wanted to take pictures for my Etsy shops outside this spring, but I keep missing the 5 minutes of sun we get per week.

We did have one nice day last week and I got to spend it going to sales and an auction, so I can at least be happy about that.  I am also not so self centered that I don't know how lucky we are to be spared the devastation in Alabama, Tennessee and other areas.

Also, I'm very excited about the little container garden that my husband and I planted.  We are growing tomatoes, 4 varieties of peppers,  cilantro, rosemary, parsley, basil and strawberries.  I'm so excited!  Fresh herbs and veggies have so much more flavor than store bought and I cannot wait for the harvest.

We have also been talking more and more about moving to the east coast.  It's very frustrating to me as a huge seafood lover to not be able to buy any fresh fish or shellfish.  We have some good produce in Kentucky, but even that isn't great unless I drive quite a ways to a better market.  I desperately want to live in a place where there is a large and thriving open air food market for at least a portion of the year.  It will be years before we are ready for a move like that, most likely, but it's definitely something I'm dreaming of.

In vintage news, I still haven't listed all of my goodies from last week's sales.  I do try to spread them out for more Etsy exposure, but I've also been busy with other things.  I'm expecting a package any day now with a number of jewelry pieces I purchased at an online estate auction, so my next post will probably give you a sneak peak at those.

See you then! And Annie Lenox, I love your music but I may never be able to listen to "here comes the rain again" again after this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment